It’s definitely no secret that Stormtroopers have taken over Hollywood Studios! If you are a fan of the film franchise, you won’t mind it one bit! In 2019, there will be an entire section of the park entirely dedicated to Star Wars, with the long anticipated “Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge”, but for now, lets take a look at all the fun Star Wars experiences that you can have so far! And let me know what your favorites are in the comments below!
1. March of the First Order: Multiple times a day (seriously, multiple. Don’t panic if you catch the tail end of it or think you’ve missed it, they will do it again!) Captain Phasma leads the First Order Stormtroopers down the streets of Hollywood Studios, making a very cool opportunity to take a video of the march, or try to snap pictures of them along the way!
2. “Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away” Live Stage Show: After you watch the Stormtroopers and Captain Phasma march, you get to make your way to a stage (back where Mickey’s hat used to be!) to watch all of your favorite Star Wars legends on the stage together at once. All of your favorites from Darth Vader, R2D2, Darth Maul, Bobba Fett and more will be there for your enjoyment and photo ops! Again, don’t worry if you miss this show because it also takes place many times a day in the park!
3. STAR TOURS!: An amazing ride, but watch out if you get motion sickness easily. This ride is a virtual stimulation that has a different experience every time! Be sure to check it out as you race through space with C3PO in a whirlwind of an adventure!
4. Character Meet & Greets: So. Much. Fun! Even the Cast Members while you wait in line are a ton of fun! Don’t worry grown-ups, you need to do this too! You definitely won’t be the only adults in line, as what Star Wars fan doesn’t want a photo (or a selfie!) with Chewbacca?
The characters available for a photo are Chewbacca, Kylo Ren, and most recently added, BB8! Disney Photo Pass Photographers are there to take photos to scan to your memory maker if you have one, or they will also take photos with your own phone or camera too.
4. Star Wars Dessert Party: Such a fun experience for a Star Wars fan, or even if you are just a fan of desserts! This party is an extra cost, (see my blog post about the Star Wars Dessert Party for more in-depth details!) but its all the dessert, snacks and alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks you can enjoy! All of the desserts, snacks and beverages are themed around Star Wars. You will also have Stormtroopers patrolling the Launch Bay and posing for photos. After the dessert party you get roped off front and center viewing of the Star Wars fireworks, and get a Star Wars souvenir on your way out (typically either a BB8 Cup, or a Chewbacca Stein!)
5. Star Wars Launch Bay: Not only can you meet the characters and run into Stormtroopers in the Launch Bay, but you can also go to the Launch Bay Theater and watch behind the scenes clips of your favorite Star Wars films! You can also see lots of Star Wars items on display, like prop replicas, and most exciting, LIGHTSABERS!
6. Jedi Training: Such a great time for young Jedi’s and even better photo memories to be made for the parents! Right next to Star Tours, watch the next generation of Jedi training against Jedi Masters to defeat the power of the dark side. This opportunity does require registration ahead of time and happens multiple times throughout the day. Your young Jedi’s can train in their Jedi robes with their lightsabers, and even get to see Darth Vader himself up on the stage. It is a really cute show to watch, and super exciting for your little ones!
7. Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular: This show is absolutely incredible. You feel like you are in the middle of a space battle, with all the “pew, pew, pew” sounds of the lasers. Your favorite characters and scenes from the movies will be projected up on the Chinese Theater, and fire explosions, lasers flying and fireworks erupting to the powerful songs of the movie. It really is an exciting experience, and even non-Star Wars fans in my party enjoyed this show for the performance that it was!
As we know, Hollywood Studios is under massive construction right now as we make way for exciting new adventures with both Toy Story Land and Star Wars: Galaxies Edge. However, in the meantime there’s still lots of ways to get your Star Wars fix. And don’t forget the Star Wars themed treats, and endless amounts of merchandise. You can also experience the Disney Dark Side marathon each spring (actually this weekend at Walt Disney World!)
Let me know your favorite Star Wars Disney experiences, treats and more in the comments below, and “May the Force Be With You!”
Click here to save money on your upcoming Disney World vacation with Undercover Tourist! Save $47 on a Disney World 4-Day Park Hopper! Hop through all 4 parks.
Find a sponsor for your web site. Get paid for your great content. shareasale.com.